Dear faithful fellow members of Christ the King Lutheran Church:
I write to prepare us all for the special congregation assembly this coming Sunday, May 28, 2023, the Day of Pentecost. This assembly has but one agenda item: voting on the congregation council’s and call committee’s recommendation to call the Rev. Dr. Jennifer Hope-Tringali as our next senior pastor. Pursuant to article *C8.02 c. of our congregation’s constitution (see below), all confirmed members, including recently confirmed youth, are eligible to vote at this meeting.
Here is the planned order for the day. REMEMBER TO WEAR RED!
• 9:30 a.m. Informal gathering to meet the Hope-Tringali family (Pastor Jennifer, Deacon David, 3-year-old daughter Maeve, and Jennifer’s mother) in the courtyard.
• 11:00 a.m. one service, in the nave of our Rice Village campus with Pastor Hope-Tringali as the preacher.
• 12:15 p.m. 15-minute break
• 12:30 p.m. The meeting to vote on the recommendation to call Jennifer Hope-Tringali will be called to order, again in the nave.
• 12:30 p.m. Opportunity for discussion with Pastor Hope-Tringali
• 1:00 p.m. Vote (paper ballot)
• 1:15 p.m. Announcement of vote.
• 1:20 p.m. Annual Pentecost picnic at which the church provides fried chicken and potato salad, and members are invited to bring sides and desserts.
That’s the plan; here’s what and when each of us has tasks to accomplish.
Now and until the vote is announced: Pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Sunday, May 28, 2023
• 9:15-10:45 a.m. In the courtyard: Get and wear a Name Tag.
• 9:15-10:45 am. In the Narthex: Register in our roster and receive your ballot. Go to the table with an alphabetical listing of your last name (example A-D), sign after your name on the list and receive and hold on to your ballot. There will be a special table for recent confirmands.
• 11:00 a.m. in the nave: worship and receive holy communion.
• 12:30 p.m. in the nave: vote (Absentee or proxy voting are constitutionally not permitted)
• 1:20 p.m. in in the courtyard: Eat and celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Questions?? Feel free to call me at (917) 952-8410.
Peace and Joy – and Courage!
Amandus J. Derr
Interim Senior Pastor
*C8.02. c. Voting Members are confirmed members. Such confirmed members, during the current or preceding calendar year, shall have communed in this congregation and shall have made a contribution of record to this congregation. Members of this congregation who have satisfied these basic standards shall have the privilege of voice and vote at every regular and special meetings of this congregation as well as the other rights and privileges ascribed to Voting Members by the provisions of this Constitution and its By-laws.